What Employers Need To Know When Implementing A First-Aid Training Program
OSHA maintains that a workplace first-aid program is part of a comprehensive safety and health management system that includes the following four essential elements:
- Management Leadership and Employee Involvement
- Worksite Analysis
- Hazard Prevention and Control
- Safety and Health Training
Emilcott has developed this guide as a summary of the basic elements that an employer should incorporate into the training component of a first-aid program at the workplace. Whether training is provided by certified instructors from in-house or from a reliable vendor, the how and why employees are being trained is very important towards the programs overall success:
Things to consider:
- Teaching Methods and the Mix of Presentation
- Will this prepare employees to respond to health emergencies?
- Will employees gain knowledge toward assessing the emergency scene?
- Will the employees be able to respond to both life-threatening and non-life threatening emergencies?
Learn more by downloading our Guide for implementing the Sound Elements of a First-Aid Training Program